Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

GK accounting

Hi,

I need to do accounting on my Cisco GK, in order to make CDRs.

I will have Cisco AS's from another network, registered in my GK, and the GK will only give them routes.

The problem I have is that vendor specific attributes like setup_time, disconnect_time, etc... are not logged...

The GK has the following software version:

IOS (tm) C2600 Software (C2600-IX-M), Version 12.2(16a), RELEASE SOFTWARE

(fc2)

System image file is "flash:c2600-ix-mz.122-16a.bin"

I got:

aaa new-model

aaa accounting connection h323 start-stop group radius

radius-server host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813

radius-server retransmit 3

radius-server timeout 15

radius-server key xxx

radius-server vsa send accounting

I also have:

gatekeeper

accounting

I don't have the option for "vsa" parameter in accounting... why?

Is it that the problem?

do I need to use another software version??

do I need to make the gateways send accouting information to the gatekeeper? I would like not to do that, since the gateways are in another country, and RAS messages are UDP, so they are not guaranteed to arrive...

thanks in advanced,

Juan

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: GK accounting

Gatekeeper billing is not supported unless you are running proxy on the gatekeeper. THe reason is that after the lookup is done from the gatekeeper, the signalling and media is passed ebtween the two endpoints and the gatekeeper has very limited information about the call, which it sends to the radius server. If you want to continue to bill off your gatekeeper then you would have to configure in proxy mode where the RAS and the signalling will go through the gatekeeper.

The more efficient way is to bill off the gateway.

Community Member

thank you very much!!!

I'll check it out

I know that billing off the gateway is better, but as I sayed, the gateways will be from other networks in another counrty, so I can not trust in the RAS messages arriving..

thanks again,

Juan

Community Member

Why don't you use TACACS for the remote gateways? TACACS uses TCP for guaranteed message delivery.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content