Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

GK recommendations

Folks,

We have about 3 clusters right now with a full mess, we plan to add more ccme and ccm clusters as we move forward, i need to recommend a GK platform to my boss that will scale upto 5 calls per second. We do not have a lot of traffic . Please recommend something with the lost cost that would fit my needs.

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: GK recommendations

I am not sure of your exact situation. But a small router like a 2600XM or a 3600 can function as a GK and will be able to handle 5 calls per second.

Until recently, I had two plain 2610s supporting a Call Mgr cluster and 200 remote sites of IOS H.323 Gateways, I only recently replaced it with a 2650XM because I hit a Gatekeeper bug and the 2610s are not supported beyond 12.3 mainline code - my bug was resolved in 12.4 mainline.

5 calls per second is pretty lightweight. If you need a new Gatekeeper, a 2801 would work well.

I would recommend using a Windows/Linux/FreeBSD PC with Gnu Gatekeeper installed.

No offence, but GnuGK (gatekeeper) is much more advanced and reliable than the Cisco gatekeeper (which possesses only basic functions).

Views
Helpful
Replies