Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

GK scenario for CAC

Hi,

Would be great if someone can shed some light on this.

As per the site topology, how many CCM cluster would you use and why?

I was considering putting a CCM cluster in each and every offices, is this necessary?

Also, if that's the case, how many GK should i use and why?

If I use only centralized model and put the CCM cluster at Hub Office A, would there be any problems of doing CAC by locations in this 2 tier topology?

Thanks

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
5 REPLIES
Blue

Re: GK scenario for CAC

how many devices is this CCM cluster(s) are you suppose to support?

CAC via locations is a good fit for this design.

not sure if you need GK since not sure of environment and needs.

not sure of problems since no idea of your environment size, network capabilities, etc.

For example sake, say all the remote locations only have 10 users each, while the hub site has the majority of users.

Any other criteria that may impact the pick of location or GK?

Blue

how many are hubs serving.

from the sounds of it, there could be no need for CAC, depending on the amount of user data and WAN link size.

if the hubs have many calls daily and the links between them are not very big, then CAC will be necessary.

hmm... i see what u mean.

But I just want to understand in such a scenario, forget about the number of uses for a sec, assuming CAC is necessary, would you choose Location or GK for the site topology and why.

Take a look at the following from the CCM 4.x Solution Network Reference Design (SRND). It describes in better detail than you can get on this forum, the pros/cons of various deployment approaches.

The entire SRND is an excellent reference, but the link points to you specific question.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a0080447510.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.