Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Global Address List & Contacts list availability on CM

Hi,

I have CCM 3.3 & Unity UM 4 IP Telephony setup.

I would like to integrate the Microsoft Directory with the CM, so that the Global Adderss List is available on all IP Phones.

In addition, I would also like to integrate the personal "contacts" list of each individual's MS Outlook on the their IP phones.

I would like to know if both the above tasks are possible with Call Manager or if I need to buy "Cisco Personal Assistant".

Any pointers to the configuration would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ahmer Ghazi

3 REPLIES

Re: Global Address List & Contacts list availability on CM

Personal contacts cannot be integrated with MS Outlook running in Exchange Server mode. You can only Sych the Outlook Contacts if using windows address book.

I believe that, as you have pointed out, you can use PA to do this for you

HTH

D

Silver

Ahmer,

I can answer the first part of your question. By default Call Manager stores all users in the local DC directory as you configure them. However, you can make Call Manager use an Active Directory infrastructure if it exists. You will need to install the Call Manager Active Directory Plugin (Also called Cisco Customer Directory Configuration Plugin) and if the installation is successful you should be able to see all your active directory users in Call Manager. Make sure that you have a stable Active Directory infrastructure in place before doing this.

Personal Contacts of each user could be retreived by writing a web service to do so. Essentially an LDAP query returns XML, and in the CCM Services, page there is an entry that points to corporate directory.

By pointing this to your own ASP, and writing a script that fetches the information from the user contacts in Outlook you could build this feature.

They would select, something like,

1. Missed Calls

2. Received Calls

3. Placed Calls

4. Internal Phone Directory

5. Global Address Book

6. Personal Contacts.

Both 5 and 6 would be some ASP to achieve the chore.

There is a really good book called Developing Cisco IP Phone Services.

regards:jamie

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content