cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

global.asa and saweb

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Unity 3.1.3<br>when going to hostname/saweb get following error:<br>Missing live session flag.<br>For some reason, /web/global.asa did not fire check that this file is present.<br>Cannot continue<br>When using ip address/saweb it works.<br>DNS is working OK though.<br>Internet Options in IE/security/ set for custom level.<br>No proxy<br>tyring to logon to same domain (locally on Unity box which is domain controller)<br><br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by anonymouse on 6/5/02 02:25 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

12 Replies 12

Not applicable

Any chance your server name for Unity contains an underscore? There's a known bug along these lines: CSCdx35975

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

I am having the same problem on a Unity 4.01 box. I do not have an underscore in the hostname (Unity02). This does not happen when I try to run the SA from the box itself, but it happens when I try to access the SA from remote machines (WindowsXP Pro). Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this? Anyone experience similar issues?

Along similar lines of the issue that I reported in an earlier post, I am also getting an error when I try to launch the Unity Status page remotely. Here is the error results that show in the borwser when I request the page.

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:

Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01A8)

Object required: '[undefined]'

/web/Common/include/SaConstInc.asp, line 9

Browser Type:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705)

Page:

GET /web/Common/Error.asp?Kind=RestrictedArea

Time:

Friday, January 24, 2003, 11:14:42 AM

Same problem after moving to Win XP from 98. I get the error:

Missing live session flag.

For some reason, /web/global.asa did not fire.

Check that this file is present.

Cannot continue

But when I click refresh, everything comes up fine. i have also noticed that I need to login again when a java applet is run, and there is no option to save the password.

Maybe this whole thing is an IE 6 issue. Has anyone experienced this with IE 5.5 or below??

joshua

Has this issue been resolved? I am receiving the same problem when accessing a Unity 4.0 server remotely. Funny thing is I refreshed my web page after a few minutes and got right in???

John

ERROR:

Missing live session flag.

For some reason, /web/global.asa did not fire.

Check that this file is present.

This problem could also be related to DNS issues.

Cannot continue.

Remote system: PIII Laptop with Win2000 and IE 6.0

Verify you can actually access SAWeb while you're logged into the Unity box.

All of these issues come back to your browser. Either your unity server name has an underscore it in (which IE doesn't like after 5.5sp2), or your DNS isn't functioning properly, or your domain search scope is incorrectly configured.

adam

I am having the same issue. DNS is fine and the Unity server is named vmail. DNS has been tested to death by Microsoft for another issue before the Unity upgrade so DNS is fine.

Which "same issue" are you having? The script error? The Global.ASA "did not fire" error? There's several different items noted along this thread - it's hard to speculate without some more detail here such as which Unity version you're running and what, exactly, the problem is, which client is involved (IE version, host OS, does it hapen on the Unity server as well or only from off box)...

getting the same error and the name of my server is unity1. TAC is telling me to rebuild but that seems like a generic reccomendation. I would prefer to check with the experts first. Please help!!

Just figured out my prob. Check http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/ics/icsapps/icsunity/uvm313/setupins/uvmw2k.htm#1186932 turned out to be a dns prob. Glad I didn't listen to TAC on this one.

The other issue you can get is where users have saved passwords from a prior version (say 3.1.5) and then you upgrade to 4.0 and some (not all) of these are invalid?

I actually meant URL's, not passwords (late!).

Anyhow we've just hit this, very specific URL's being saved, just had to make them the more generic bookmarks.