Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Global Directory limit?

Using CCM 3.1(2)

Have 227 user entries in my global directory, but only 64 records show up at a time on the phone when i hit directory button. Is this a known limitation?

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Global Directory limit?

It is default limitation, but I did training for a large company and they had theirs up'ed to 500 records. I'm not sure where that is, but if I get a chance this afternoon I will dig around in our lab to see if I can find it.

Rick

Bronze

Okay, here's your procedure:

1. On the CallManager find the file c:\CiscoWebs\IPPhoneServices\CCMIP\xmldirectorylist.asp

2. Backup the file

3. Open the file with a text editor

4. About a page down you will see a statement that says "var maxSearchSize = 2 * maxListSize;"

5. I changed it to 3 * maxListSize and got 96 results as maxListSize is hard coded to 32 (yes, I tried changing maxListSize, but I would get an XML Parse error).

Note: As the file states, when a search is done, it will spike processor utilization, so I wouldn't let it return too many results.

Rick

If you take a look - you'll also find that there is a small memory leak every time you do a search. The leak is larger for 'global' searches vs. a more specific search criterea.

There's a bug on this, but not yet fixed. You can observe this from the task manager.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content