Views
Helpful
Replies

Global Directory limit?

dave.easton
Level 1
Level 1

Using CCM 3.1(2)

Have 227 user entries in my global directory, but only 64 records show up at a time on the phone when i hit directory button. Is this a known limitation?

3 Replies 3

rickb
Level 3
Level 3

It is default limitation, but I did training for a large company and they had theirs up'ed to 500 records. I'm not sure where that is, but if I get a chance this afternoon I will dig around in our lab to see if I can find it.

Rick

rickb
Level 3
Level 3

Okay, here's your procedure:

1. On the CallManager find the file c:\CiscoWebs\IPPhoneServices\CCMIP\xmldirectorylist.asp

2. Backup the file

3. Open the file with a text editor

4. About a page down you will see a statement that says "var maxSearchSize = 2 * maxListSize;"

5. I changed it to 3 * maxListSize and got 96 results as maxListSize is hard coded to 32 (yes, I tried changing maxListSize, but I would get an XML Parse error).

Note: As the file states, when a search is done, it will spike processor utilization, so I wouldn't let it return too many results.

Rick

If you take a look - you'll also find that there is a small memory leak every time you do a search. The leak is larger for 'global' searches vs. a more specific search criterea.

There's a bug on this, but not yet fixed. You can observe this from the task manager.