Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global directory listing

Hi,

I am wondering if would it be possible to create multiple directories listings for a multi tenant setup in a CallManager environment. 2 things I have in concern:

1. How do we send the right directory listings to the right phones. For eg, tenant A could only view their corporate directory - and they are not able to view tenant B's directory.

2. And how do I partition CCM's global directory to function like the above mentioned.

3 REPLIES

Re: Global directory listing

I couldnt figure out how to lock this down, so I went with a third party app. Well, now that I think about it, you could probably use an SDK server and point to different LDAP directories. (lots of work)

I used the Citrix Application Gateway. It's expensive, but the Express Directory is the best I have seen. It's easy, it can import custom LDAP txt files and then cache them in it's storage for the phones to access to them.

I read your post about ccm LDAP directories - do you know of any 3rd party apps that are shareware until we can figure out what we need?

If you know XML and some kind of database platform, you could probably build your own for a directory function. With 5.x, you can use LDAP to bind to another directory and pull the information automatically, but it's not really "tiered" per say.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content