cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Global Subscriber Manager not listing other domains

jsmbrown
Level 1
Level 1

We have several domains in AD. Only one is listed in Global Subscriber Manger. The one that is listed is the domain that is tied to the root of the AD.

9 Replies 9

smilliga
Level 1
Level 1

Are you referring to the domain listed when Importing a user?

Yes. I am wanting to import a user, but it only lists one domain.

Ok lets get some background information:

What version of Unity?

What version of GSM?

Brief explanation of AD layout?

What domains are presented in the list when you attempt to import via the SA?

Are all your domains visible when using Active Directory Users and Computers using the same account as you are using for GSM?

Unity 4.0.3

GSM 1.4 build 10

Can you be more specific as to what you are looking for? I do not want to use actual names for security reasons.

When I attempt to import, only one domain is present. It is one without any users created. It is the original domain that was used when the AD was created. Several other domains exist, but none of them are showing. The account has access to see them.

Go ahead and change the name of the domains in your description of them. The names are not the important part but the hierarchy and relationship between domains is more important.

So if I understand your responses to my previous questions correctly the SA only presents a single domain when importing, is this correct?

If that is the case then maybe someone with more AD experience can offer some suggestions since the problem is not specific to the GSM.

When you say the account has access to see them are you saying that ADUC, run on the Unity server under the same account can see all of the domains you are interested in? Can users be added to a group via ADUC from all of these domains?

TR-ad (also the forest root) , TRLA-USERS, TRSL-Users, TRR-Users, TRC-Users

All domains are technically at the same level of a forest. The TR-AD domain is the forest root, but each domain is its own tree. (i.e. not child domains, but all parents.) We do not have any child domains in the forest.

There's a couple important questions that Sean has asked a couple times here but I still don't see answers to:

1. Can you see all the domains/users in ADUC when run from the Unity server? We need a yes/no to this.

2. Can you import these users from the SA? We need a yes/no to this as well so we can determine what the problem might be.

thanks

1. Yes. I have to select connect to domain to see them though.

2. Yes, I can select import, then the other domains are listed in the drop down. The user Unity uses for directory connection does not have rights though to change properties of users in other domains, so I cannot successfully add the user from the other domain.

I just found out also that the other domains are also their own tree in a large forest. The only one that Global Subscriber Manager lists, is the Forest root tree. It was the first tree put into the Active Directory. Other Trees where the other domains are located are at the same level though.

Yes, it only presents single domain.

Yes, ADUC can see the domain.

I will have to check on the last question, never tried.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: