cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Global Subscriber Manager Won't Start

benhanson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to run GSM on my workstation(off-box), and it refuses to start. GSM Logs show:

GlobalSubscriberManager Version: 1.2.45 Started: 12/3/2002 10:58:25 AM

10:58:25 Info:( [classLog]checkSizeOfLogs) Removing logs older than 11/3/2002 10:58:25 AM - Log Directory Size: 0. MB 1,302 MB Free 9,048 MB Total

10:58:25 Info:(Main) Entering Main_0

10:58:25 Info:(openUnityDB) Entering openUnityDB_0

10:58:40 ERROR:(openUnityDB) Err.Number = -2147467259 Err.Description = [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

10:58:40 Info:(openUnityDB) Exiting openUnityDB_0 Start: 39505.2 End: 39520.42 - Elapsed: 15.22266

As far as I can tell using netstat, there aren't any outgoing sql connections being made, just one local connection, so It seems to be looking locally for the Unity DB. Also tried doing this logged in as Unity Service Account with same effect.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

smilliga
Level 1
Level 1

Opps, this is a defect. There is a fairly easy workaround though.

Add a "UnityServer" string value to the registry under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\GlobalSubscriberManager]

and set it to the machince name of your Unity box.

For example:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\GlobalSubscriberManager]

"UnityServer"="UNITY1"

I'll fix this in the next release of the GSM.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

smilliga
Level 1
Level 1

Opps, this is a defect. There is a fairly easy workaround though.

Add a "UnityServer" string value to the registry under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\GlobalSubscriberManager]

and set it to the machince name of your Unity box.

For example:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\GlobalSubscriberManager]

"UnityServer"="UNITY1"

I'll fix this in the next release of the GSM.

This worked! Thank you very much. I assumed at first that you meant HKLM\Software\ActiveVoice\ToolsDepot\Administrative Tools\Global Subscriber Manager\ Since this is where all of the other settings are made, but that was not it. Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: