Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

greeting length

Is there a reason for not letting a recording of 15 seconds or longer in call handlers.<br><br>

11 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: greeting length

Maximum greeting recording length is generally determined by the class of service restriction on the account being used to make the recording.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Anonymous
N/A

I am logged in as admin and call handlers will only allow 15 seconds of greeting, even though the greeting is set to 90 seconds in the COS.

Anonymous
N/A

Are you running in demo mode? I know there is a limit on the message length when running in demo mode, perhaps the same restriction is placed on greetings.

I have the same problem. The Opening Greeting Call Handler won't record over 15 seconds. And I have it set for 120 seconds in the Admin COS (& I am logged in as admin)

YEs I am running a Unity 3.0 demo system for testing. I wanted to show my company what the how we are going to design our new Unity system (currently live system still on Unity 2.4.6).

Is there anyway to record more than 15 seconds in the Opening greeting?

Anonymous
N/A

There are intentional limits to keyless demo systems. If you need an evaluation system (with keyed features), you should contact your Cisco account team.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Why would we purchase an evaluation system?
I just want to Demo Unity 3.0 & test it before we update our Live Unity 2.4.6.135 system to Unity 3.x.
I just want it confirmed that Unity 3.x demo version has a limit of 15 seconds for GREETINGS & can ot can not be changed?

Anonymous
N/A

I think the 15 second limit is for all recordings, greetings and messages. I don't think this can be changed without adding a dongle.

15 seconds should be suitable for demonstrating the product capabilities. An eval system would be more useful in a pilot program or limited installation where the Unity was handling real-world traffic as opposed to demo calls.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Anonymous
N/A

Just to clarify... the keyless demo is not a "try before you buy" model. It's intended for field folks, other development folks working with the product (i.e. call manager people), testing groups and people that want to get a look at it, it's not intended for live usage by end users before they decide to purchase the product. There was rather wide spread abuse of the original 2.4.6 limits (unlimited record time, 2 ports, 100 users) so the product folks decided to clamp down on it a bit tighter in 3.x.

There is an item on the road map for an expirable license that would allow a customer to run wide open for 30/60/90/whatever days to decide if they want to buy the product. This sounds more like what you're looking for.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

like I said, we already have a Unity system. But I wanted to test out Unity 3.x before I upgrade my company's live system to Unity 3.0.

I am not using Unity 3.0 as a live system. I know the purpose of a demo system. I have never even tried to use Unity's demo version on a live system. I am a field engineer not an end user trying to take advantage of Unity. Our company is a Cisco gold partner & we were partners with Active Voice.

Anonymous
N/A

Undetstood... I'm not accusing you of anyting, honest! I'm just trying to explain why the demo version is locked down like it is. The record limit was added so we could keep a demo version out there (lots of folks wanted it yanked entirely) and there isn't any way to open it up without a key.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Ok. Thanks for the info. I was not aware that the Unity 2.4 Demo was so open with unlimited message & greeting length & so many users. I did not know it was such a sensitive issue with Unity. I am glad there is still a demo for testing purposes.

Views
Helpful
Replies