cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Greeting message keeps appearing in users vmail

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,<br><br>Very strange problem with Unity (2.4.6.161) here....<br><br>Last Christmas we had a south african girl working for us as a temp receptionist. Now during her few weeks with us she recorded our "we are closed for Christmas" greeting message.<br><br>Now for some inexplicable reason a number of users are getting this message delivered to their voicemail boxes, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day! I've checked every setting I can think of and have come nowhere near even finding this greeting (I thought deleting it might be a good start).<br><br>Any ideas? TIA<br>Tim<br><br>

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

that's a new one... who is the message from in their inbox? Can you look at the message in Outlook and see what it's arival time stamp is?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Ahhh, Outlook! that's bit of a sore point here Jeff as we're all notes users... still no unified messaging integration - worst luck ;(

So, the only indicator I have is when the red light comes on a users 7940/7960, they dial 555 and then lo and behold the christmas message has been left as a voicemail..... again, and again, and again!

Would it be "safe" for me to find and temporarily rename or delete the offending wave file (.stm?), or am I likely to make things worse?

Thanks
Tim

Not applicable

all the greetings are in the StreamFiles directory under \Commserver... they're all playable WAV files now instead of those goofy STM things from 2.x which is good. I suppose you could go hunting for it but I'm kinda doubting that will solve the problem. Seems like something else is going on here. It'd be much more helpful to know which account is actually sending those messages and then trace the message path through Exchange...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Well that's the strange thing about it - any other voicemail comes complete with timestamp info etc, but this message just plays and then moves straight onto any saved messages the user may have stored.

Very weird, but i'm open to trying anything at this stage.

Thanks again
Tim

Not applicable

Could it be she recoded the message where her name should be? I have seen this happen before. When a message gets forwarded or sometimes transferred, Unity will announce who transferred it as the persons name like "reception" in some cases I've seen, someone has recorded a very long greeting where their name should be, and this is played before the actual message.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: