cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Greeting/Message Storage

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

One more request from our email group - Where is the recorded greetings stored? and the recorded messages? Same server?<br>Thanks again.<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

The messages are stored in the user's email store... so what ever Exchange server they are homed on is where the message is stored. That's the joy of Unified messaging.

The greetings (i.e. all greetings for subscribers, call handlers, interviewers and the like) are stored on the local Unity server under the Exchsrvr\RES\ directory (there is a share called "Resources" on the RES directory that we use). You'll see these stored as .STM files with goofy random names on them. yes, annoying, I know.

In 3.0 these will be stored in straight WAV files with readable names (i.e. "Jlindborg_StandardGreeting.WAV") so it'll be a little easier to hunt down a stray greeting in case some users got accidentaly waxed or something.

And the voice names are stored in the directory itself (i.e. they are converted to string usine uuencode and are stored as a mail user property in the Voice Mail Voice Name property in Exchange). This way they replicate around and can be used for networking scenarios from other Unity boxes in the organization.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)