Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Greeting messages

Hi,<br><br> My customer needs to create several different greeting messages for morning, afternoon and after-hours. I know how to creat a call handler for each purpose but how do I setup Unity when to play proper greeting meesages ? Thanks for help.<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Greeting messages

Currently Unity only has “standard” and “off hours” greetings that are triggered by schedules, the “busy” and “internal” greetings are triggered by the destination or reason for forwarding and the “alternate” greeting over rides all of them. If you need three schedules, “morning”, “afternoon” and “night”, you’ll need to do this with a couple of call handlers and 2 separate schedules. The following steps should work for you:

1. Create a schedule called “Morning” that has, say, 8am to 12pm marked active.

2. Create another schedule called “afternoon” that has 12pm to 5pm marked active. Any time after 5pm and before 8am will be considered "night" or "off hours" here.

3. Create a call handler call “Afternoon Opening Greeting”. Set it’s schedule to the “Afternoon” schedule.

4. On the opening greeting, set the call handler to use the “morning” schedule and for the standard greeting record the morning greeting (i.e. “good morning, this is company xyz…”). For the “off hours” greeting, set it to blank and set the after greeting action to go to “send to greeting for” the “afternoon opening greeting call handler.

5. For the “Afternoon Opening Greeting” record the standard greeting as “good afternoon, this is company xyz…”. For the “off hours” greeting record your night greeting (i.e “Good evening, we are currently closed”).

It’s a little extra work but should work reasonably well. I’ve had sites use strings of 5 or 6 handlers to deal with several schedules this way.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies