cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

greeting volume control

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a way to control the greeting play volume in Unity system, besides using the volume control on the phone?<br><br><br>Thanks.<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

If you're using Dialogic cards there is an overall system volume setting (all prompts, greetings, messages etc... play back at a higher/lower volume) and you can also adjust the volume of the recorded messages up or down using the gain control built into their driver. In other words you can adjust it's target dB level up or down and it'll automatically "push" messages to that volume level as they're being recorded. This way if calls are coming it too loud or too soft depending on the source, it accomodates that on the fly.

Normally systems running Dialogic voice boards don't have a problem here because of the AGC support.

Are you running Cisco? If that's the case, you'll have a way to adjust the record volume up or down (up presumably) in Unity 2.4.5 releasing shortly. This took changes on their side and our side so you need a new version of Unity and updated drivers as well.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Not applicable

Thank you so much for replying to me this quick.

Yes I am using Cisco Call Manager 3.0.3d with 7960 IP telephones. As I described in my post, my users complained that the volume of standard greeting is too loud. They can adjust the volume control on the IP phones, but that changes the volume level for all their calls. I will just wait for 2.4.5.

Thanks again.