cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Greeting

ziadk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,<br>I'm currently not being able to change the greeting of any subscriber neither any Call Handler. Every time I try to access the greeting page from SA, the unity server hangs for a minute and then displays the page with a grayed Media Player; the "paste from file" option is also grayed. All other pages have a highlighted Media Player. I'm able to play the recorded names from the Profile Page for example.<br>Even if I try using the self-enrolment at first login, when I reach the stage of changing the greeting, nothing happens and I just hang-up the phone after 3 or 4 minutes.<br><br>Any Ideas??<br><br>Regards<br><br><br>

7 Replies 7

Not applicable

For Unity 2.x all greetings are stored as .STM files under the exchsvr\RES\ directory and there should be a public share for that directory call "Resources". That share should be setup for read/write to everyone. If that's not the case, no greeting records are going to work... voice names are pulled from the directory so the fact that they work and greetings don't points to this directory/share being the source of your problem.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Hi Jeff,
Thanks for your quik reply. The share of exchsvr\RES\ directory are setup for read/write to everyone. The problem seems to be more complicated then that. I'm being able to find any STM files on my Hard Disk. I searched everywhere (Hiden files....) Not a single trace. However, the standards greetings are working fine. But You can not change them.
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for your quick reply. The share of exchsvr\RES\ directory is setup for read/write to everyone. The problem seems to be more complicated then that. I'm not being able to find any STM files on my Hard Disk. I searched everywhere (Hidden files....) not a single trace. However, the standards greetings are working fine. But you cannot change them.

I'm Using Unity Version 2.4.6.161, exchange server 5.5 and Windows 2000 server as part of an NT Domain.

Regards,
Ziad

Not applicable

the standard system greetings are not stored in the RES folder, they're under \commserver\localize\defualtconfiguration\.

If there are no STM files then all your greetings got waxed... either someone accidentally deleted them or perhaps moved some folders around or the like... unless you have a backup you're kinda stuck.

the problem at hand, however, is Unity still thinks the STM files are around and still references them in the directory. this is why the media master is disabled, it goes to load the file it expects to be there, doesn't find it and fails to init properly. I don't think there's any automated way to run through and reset these values... you can do it through DPT, but I'm curious what happens when you try to change the greeting of a subscriber over the phone... do you get an error or does it go through and create an STM file in that directory?

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Hi Jeff,
When you try to change the greeting of a subscriber over the phone, you get nothing. You press 1 to change the greeting and wait forever. No errors are being recorded.
I need a password to download the DPT utility. Can I access a trial version? Or can I simply add any standard STM files that I can download or copy from anyone?? Will that solve the Media Recorder problem?

Thanks
Ziad

Hi,
Can anyone provide me with some instruction on how to use the DOH to create STM files for a Call Handler or a subscriber? I spent some time looking around in the read only version, it seems quite simple but I don't want to miss anything that might damage the whole installation. I have the feeling that those files where missing since the system was first installed. Is there any other way to create these STM files?? I'm really stuck here, I'm not even able to record any question for the Interview handler. And Again I need the Read/write password for the DOH utility.
Thanks

Not applicable

There's no way those files could have been missing since install... they had to have been deleted/moved accidentally post install since the DOH will not stick an STM path in there unless the file exists in the first place (the paths are ceated by streaming the files through the DOH onto the hard drive in 2.x). Further, presumably this was working for a while, right? This isn't a brand new install you're trying to fix, right? So they had to have been there at some point.

Can you create NEW subscribers and record their greetings or is the media master gray out for those as well? If you can't then you have a larger issue at hand that needs to be addressed (i.e. the resources share is not setup right).

You're not goint to recreate the STM files through the DPT, you can only delete the path to the missing file which will then free up the media master and the conversation to let you record new greetings. If you can create new subscribers and record greetings for them, ping me at my corporate email and I'll give you the DPT password for the day and instructions on how to get rid of the STM file path.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Hi Jeff,
Well you where 100% right. I did have a problem with the shared RES directory. Only that the problem seemed to be a windows issue more than a configuration thing. The share was setup right: full control for everyone. I was able to access the directory from any remote PC but not from the server itself. If you try to access \\MyServer\Resources from the Unity box, the server just hangs. I was only able to solve it by re-installing Windows Service Pac 2.
After that I was able to access the resources directory but not to record greetings, so I reinstalled everything from scratch and it simply worked fine. Nevertheless it took me a week to figure all that out, so sorry for the delay.

Thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: