cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Greetings Administrator & Unity 4.x

tracy
Level 1
Level 1

In Unity 4.x an owner of a call handler can change the greeting on a call handler. But it wants an Extension of the call handler, what if the call handler does not have an extension?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Each handler that you want to change over the phone needs to have a unique extension (Unity will not allow you to use the same extension for call handlers and will also not let you use the one for the owner).

I am not sure I understand what you mean by internal extensions?

The extension on the call handler does not need to be a valid switch extension since you are using this number to just have a way for the owner to identify the call handler.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Anil Verma
Level 5
Level 5

You cannot change the greeting of a handler that does not have an extension. Part of the reason to require the extension was for additional security.

So does each Handler need to have a different extension? or can they have the extension of the owner ?

Also is it then possible to use just internal extensions?

Each handler that you want to change over the phone needs to have a unique extension (Unity will not allow you to use the same extension for call handlers and will also not let you use the one for the owner).

I am not sure I understand what you mean by internal extensions?

The extension on the call handler does not need to be a valid switch extension since you are using this number to just have a way for the owner to identify the call handler.

You answered it by explaining that it is just a means to identify the call handler...

Thanks...