cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Griffin iMic fixed audio with callmanager 5.0

joshw
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone had any luck getting the Griffin iMic USB fixed audio adapter working with CallManager 5.0 linux? Do I need to load any special drivers on the server?

5 Replies 5

espereir
Level 5
Level 5

Check the iMic supported servers:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/voiceapp/ps378/products_qanda_item09186a008010a802.shtml

I seems that the documentation hasn't been updated in a while, since it is supported on CCM 4.X but there is no info available for CCM 5.

jskeens
Level 1
Level 1

I went through the Griffin iMic issue a month ago for an existing CCM 4.1 deployment.

After seeing on Griffin's website that their iMic is/was only certified for Windows XP and Mac OSX, I contacted their tech support. Below is their response to the Cisco MoH URL.

"That page is a Cisco document, not a Griffin document. We have never claimed compatibility with that system on our website or in any of our documentation. We have contacted Cisco a number of times asking them to remove the document because it has not been authorized by our company. If Cisco says they support it, then perhaps try contacting them, but we do not support the use of iMic in any other systems than Mac OSX and Windows XP SP 2."

I contacted the TAC and was given the same information that was found in the MoH documentation. No clarification.

I then contacted Cisco's PDI help desk and received the below responses.

Initial response: "The iMic cards that were supported are no longer in production. If you were able to get an older iMic card that supported Windows 2000, it will work with on the CallManager 3.3 servers, and will be supported by Cisco TAC. But the newer iMic2 cards are not supported."

Final response: "Since those cards are no longer available, we do not have a supported sound card for CallManager 4.x. I'm not sure if this is a valid option for you or not, but in a few weeks Cisco will have it's own sound card for CallManager 5.0, you could upgrade your CallManager."

Hope this helps,

Jason

The Cisco audio adapter for CCM 5.0 has been released. Below is the info.

MOH-USB-AUDIO= Music On Hold USB Audio Adapter USD 99.00

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a0080637422.html

Jason

does this part number also work on CM 4.1 and 3.x?

I've been told MOH-USB-AUDIO= is supported only in 5.x and beyond.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: