cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Group Fast Dials, Bulk Add?

jwkimmel
Level 1
Level 1

We are planning on using a common user/pin for "group" fast dial entries. The problem we are running into is that there are many groups that need setup, most with over 50 speed dials. Is there an application or something that would allow us to add these entries without doing it one by one?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Do you mean fastdials as in the fast dial xml service that cisco ships with the ccm?

It stores its entries in the DC directory.. if you launch the DC Directory Administrator on your CCM, you can browse through the hierarchy down to the fastdials. The path is o=cisco.com,ou=CCN,ou=user_info, ou=_info, ou=FastDialEntries so basically that's where you can read from / write to fast dial entries.

Yes, we are using the fast dail xml service. It seems like it will be the best option.

I saw the information in the directory but I was worried about the part of the CN that seems to be somewhat random. (Note, I'm not a developer and don't really know that much about how CCM stores its info in the DC directory.)

Example:

User: test

ou=test_info

ou=FastDialEntries

cn=test-fd1153834047998

I understand that ciscoccnatFDEIndex is the index and that ciscoccnatFDENumberOrType is the number in our case. What I don't understand is how the "-fd1153834047998" is created or what exactly it is used for in the example above.

*Note: I used Softerra LDAP Browser to get this information.

Thanks!

jwkimmel
Level 1
Level 1

We found a way around it. We used the page that the service uses and fed information to it. It works very well. We simply put a csv file in a directory (similar to bat) and run a custom page where we enter the user name and pin. It loads everything from there and returns the results.

I am having this same issue. Could you post your custom page code? Much appreciated