Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Group Pick Up

Running Call Manager 3.3.3sr3 is there any way to do a Group pick up with out assigning a users phone to a pick up group?

My issue is I have a customer with an emergency number which rings after hours and rings a night bell. This connects to an ATA, which I wanted to put into a Pick Up group. I did not want to have to assign each phone (all 400) to a pick up group just to use this feature. I thought it could be utilitzed with out assigning all the phones to the a group?

4 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Group Pick Up

You can also create a shared line appearance. The ATA and the phones would have a shared dn. When an incoming call comes in they all ring out.

Community Member

We are talking potentially hundreds of phones that COULD pick up the phone.

Community Member

Using the bat you can update hundreds of phones with a shared line in about a minute.

Community Member

This might be killing a fly with a shotgun, and it might be that I'm not understanding your problem correctly...I'm just trying to think outside the box.

Have you looked into using extension mobility to solve the problem? I think that if you created a profile that had a shared line appearance with the emergency phone, then when the bell went off someone could log in to their phone with a well known profile and now have the ability to answer that phone. This is actually much more configuration per phone than using a Call Pickup Group would be...the only advantage I see is that if you needed to put some phones in a Call Pickup group for some other reason, you would still have that as an option.

Let me know if I'm way off base with that idea.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content