Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Guest Mailboxes

It doesn't seem that Unity supports a traditional "guest mailbox", unless I'm missing something. Is there an easy way to gain this functionality without giving guests access to our network?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Guest Mailboxes

I guess it depends on what you define "guests" as - I've seen a few different implementations of mailboxes that simply allow you to retrieve messages and reply and nothing else (i.e. no transfer options, no sending or forwarding messages, no delivery devices etc...). If that's where you're going, you're right - there currently isn't an easy way to do this in Unity.

In the upcoming 4.0(3) release this summer we'll be offering a hotel package that includes a hotel guest conversation which can be used by any subscriber ( there will be a selectable list of conversation styles you can assign a subscriber to, that will be one) - this conversation is tailored for hotel guests but, of course, will work for just about any kind of "guest" mailbox.

If you have some more specifics on what functions you expect a guest to be able to do (and more to the point _not_ do) let me know.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.