Views
Helpful
Replies

GW to (alternate) GK registration issues

nmilojevic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have VoIP network consisting of 2 gatekeepers (primary and alternate) and 3 gateways. The thing is, that one of my GWs often changes gatekeeper; it re-registeres from primary to alternate, and after a while, back again. It happens approx. in 2-3 hour perods, without any visible reason. I thought of IP connectivity problems, but MRTG doesn't show anything and there is no outage in VoIP traffic (at least none that I can see).

Does anyone has an idea, why would GW register with alternate GK (which has exactly the same IP connectivity as primary, since they are in the same subnet, on the same location, on the same switch, ...)???

Thanks,

Nikola

1 Reply 1

thusain
Level 4
Level 4

Indeed that is weird, I would take a look at the output of debug ras and debug h225 asn1, to see why the gateway feels it needs to deregister. Does it send a URQ, does it timeout the keepalives? Who initiates the de registration.?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: