Views
Helpful
Replies

H.323 AAA.

ron-tan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using both Cisco Gatekeeper & Gateways in our network and just wondering how will I be able to control the authentication of gateways that are registered onto my gatekeeper. Do I need additional software just to control gateway access or am able to do it with the gatekeeper ?

Thanks,

Ron Tan

6 Replies 6

zengjing
Level 1
Level 1

you need a tacas+ server or a radius server to authenticate the dialing-in users.

I am not looking to control my users but rather to control the gateways that are registered onto my gatekeeper. In other words, how do I put my controls into place to stop unauthorised gateways from pointing straight to my gateway to terminate voice calls ? Thx.

As I suppose you could try to use extended IP access-lists, but before you need analyse type of traffic that producing gatekeepers and ports. Hope this will help.

Best regards

Wow, that will be real troublesome to do...except if I were to block all traffic to the unauthorised gateway, the access-list will be quite simple to come up with... Anyway, that comes to my next question, does anyone knows what ports the Cisco gatekeeper & gateway uses ???? Thx.

Thx, got it...