Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

H.323 and CallManager

We are trying to convert our phone setup from MGCP to H.323 gateways in order to get our caller ID on incoming FXO ports to work. (We know this isn't supported under MGCP yet.) I am trying to locate documents to help us reconfigure but I'm running out of ideas. The docs on CCO show us how to add all the dial-peers and how to add the gateway to CallManager. However, when I do, the CallManager shows the gateway as "Unregistered." Having never seen one of these in operation, I don't know if it should be doing that or not.

On the plus side, I can make outbound calls from our IP phones out through the FXO ports. No calls are coming back in, however, and none of the FXS phones on the same gateway can call into the IP phone system.

Can anyone direct me to more helpful documents to figure out how CCM and the H.323 gateways are supposed to play together?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Blue

Re: H.323 and CallManager

Try taking the direct-inward-dial off of your "dial-peer voice 10 pots". Shut and no shut the port and try an inbound call.

You need a route pattern on the CallManager for each ext on an FXS port. You need to add route pattern 200[12] to the CM.

5 REPLIES
Bronze

The CM will always show unregistered for H.323 gateways. This is because H.323 does not have a conecept of registration.

It sounds like you are pretty close. Do you have a dial-peer voip?

This is the dial-peer that sends calls from your fxo ports to CM. Since each FXO port is a particular number, the destination pattern should match the DN of the IP phone the calls should be sent to (or autoattendant).

The other thing you need is connection plar on the voice-port. "connection plar opx " The number should match the destination pattern in the voip dial-peer you configured.

Thanks much for the info about the "unregistered" comment! It's nice to know whether something you're looking at is a problem or not.

I do have dial peers. Here's what I have on the router now. (I've only included the 1 interface and the voice info:)

interface FastEthernet0/0.10

description Voice Vlan to sw3524xl

encapsulation isl 10

ip address 10.128.10.254 255.255.255.0

no ip redirects

h323-gateway voip interface

h323-gateway voip id CCM-005.voip.wheelernetworkdesign.com ipaddr 10.128.10.5 1719

h323-gateway voip h323-id 3620VoIPLAB

h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 10.128.10.254

!

!

voice-port 1/0/0

!

voice-port 1/0/1

connection plar 1003

description 703-433-2426

station-id name Inbound 2426

station-id number 7034332426

caller-id enable

!

voice-port 1/1/0

!

voice-port 1/1/1

!

!

mgcp profile default

!

dial-peer cor custom

!

!

!

dial-peer voice 10 pots

description POTS line to Centrex

destination-pattern 9T

direct-inward-dial

port 1/0/1

!

dial-peer voice 20 pots

destination-pattern 2001

port 1/1/0

!

dial-peer voice 30 pots

destination-pattern 2002

port 1/1/1

!

dial-peer voice 40 pots (This isn't used right now.)

port 1/0/0

!

dial-peer voice 1000 voip

incoming called-number 1003

destination-pattern 1...

session target ipv4:10.128.10.5

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

!

There are 2 analog phones on the FXS ports 1/1/0 and 1/1/1, ext. 2001 and 2002 respectively. From those phones, I can call out of the FXO port on 1/0/1 and to each other. I can't call in to any of the IP phones. (Extensions 1xxx.) The IP phones can call out through the FXO port, but can't call either of the analog phones on the FXS port. I've tried adding those 2 phones in as H.323 clients but I can't see where to add in the IP of the gateway to direct the traffic.

Blue

Try taking the direct-inward-dial off of your "dial-peer voice 10 pots". Shut and no shut the port and try an inbound call.

You need a route pattern on the CallManager for each ext on an FXS port. You need to add route pattern 200[12] to the CM.

Thanks very much to everyone who answered. Your answers were very much on the mark and the setup is working exactly as advertised. Our sales reps are quite happy that caller ID is working now!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content