Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

H.323 Gateway doesn't stop call setup.

I have a strange problem where a H.323 gateway starts the h.323 and will not stop even if the inbound PSTN user hangs up. It just cycles again and again attempting the setup.

I'm guessing it's an issue with progress id messages not matching up but haven't found the right tech note yet.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: H.323 Gateway doesn't stop call setup.

What gateway model and type (FXO,PRI,CAS) are you using?

Can you explain "It just cycles again and again attempting the setup"? Is it that the incoming call once rings an ip phone, and both party gets connected. Now even after both party hangs up, still the ip phone keeps ringing like an incoming call comes in? If so, what happens when the ip phone picks up the call? Please provide more details.

Re: H.323 Gateway doesn't stop call setup.

Actually, I found out what it was but let me explain better:

It was an inbound call targeting an invalid extension in the DID Range. I have a translation pattern in place but it wasn't working properly.

The call would come into the gw and the gateway would send back an "ALERT" (i think) so the PSTN user would here ringing but CallManager never accepted the call. Right after the alert was sent, another Call setup would show up on the Q.931 debug and the whole process would start over.

The solution to "restart" the gateway in CM because the partition where the translation pattern existed had just been added to the gw's CSS.

I don't understand why end devices need to be reset/restarted when a CSS is modified on CallManager.

Views
Helpful
Replies