Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

H.323 Proxy

Hello,

I am going to configure h.323 proxy with Gatekeeper.

I am interested if Proxy can do:

Proxy a traffic between its own endpoints.

Why I am asking, I was told that proxy can proxy only that voice traffic that runs between 2 different GK's. is that right ?

And I would be gratefull if you could tell me when Proxy can proxy voip traffic.(in what situations).

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES

Re: H.323 Proxy

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (http://www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

Re: H.323 Proxy

This might help you.

A proxy is a call-processing agent that terminates H.323 calls from a local “Zone”/LAN and establishes sessions with H.323 endpoints located in different “Zones”/LANs.

Doing it as far as I understand proxy mainly is used to provide local call admission control – an ability to set and enforce quality of service (QoS) on inter-zone segments.

Proxy will not be used for intra-zone calls and traffic.

In order to proxy Voce traffic within LAN you need to segment your LAN into different Zones, or in other words different Networks. Do you really want to do it?

In order to deploy QoS in a LAN you can use L2 QoS techniques rather then deploying Proxy.

To deploy call admission control within LAN (who can call whom and how often) you can use your call control engine to set the calling patterns and rules.

Regards,

Vakhtang.

Views
Helpful
Replies