Views
Helpful
Replies

H235 Security password for proxy H323

mavilla
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have a cisco 2651 gatekeeper proxy h323 with several endpoints registered on it. I just enabled the security token for registration in the gatekeeper and define the passwords of the endpoints in a Cisco ACS. The endpoints can succefully register in the gatekeeper but the proxy h323 (witch runs in the same machine) can't register because it doesn't sends a token in the RRQ. Someone knows How do I configure an h235 password for the proxy?. Thanks in advance.

Miguel.-

2 Replies 2

murabi
Level 4
Level 4

If I am not wrong, the same configuration commands used on a gateway can be used on a proxy.

For the commands to configure the security password, please refer to the document given below:

Enabling Security on the Gateway

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1830/products_feature_guide09186a0080087b8e.html#xtocid1470310

But there also seems to be a bug related to this issue. Please check out the bug CSCdw22639.

HI

I already tried this option before in an IOS (12.2(13)) with dual support (gateway and gatekeeper), i configured the proxy and the security password for the gateway but the proxy did not use the gateway password to create the required token in its RRQ message. I still wondering how to do this.

Thanks anyway.

Miguel.-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: