Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

[H323] Gatekeeper Proxy Change Behavior with new IOS.

Hi.

I'd been using a 2611 with IOS 12.2(11)T6 as my GK PX for months with great results. Now I changed the IOS to 12.2(13)T and I can't make interdomain calls anymore.

For IOS 12.2(11)T6, when my GK PX sends a LRQ put the IP address of the outside interface in the "replyaddress" field so the LCF/LRJ from the interdomain gatekeeper could succefully come back. Now with the new IOS I noticed that the "replyadress" is the IP of the inside interface.

Obviously to fix the problem I downgraded the IOS but I want to know if there is a new way to config the GK PX in new IOS? I've tried 12.2(13)T, 12.2(13)T3 and 12.2(15)T1 and they all experiment the new behavior.

Miguel.-

1 REPLY

Re: [H323] Gatekeeper Proxy Change Behavior with new IOS.

Miguel,

i haven't experienced exactly what you are seeing, because my GK only has one interface. but i have seen similar behavior on GWs with multiple interfaces and in those cases i had to issue the "bind interface XX" command in ghe Gateway configuration mode to force the gateway into advertising a particular interface (loopback interface, for example). you may want to start inverstigating that. the only other place i can think of is the "voice class" configuration mode. the version 4 stack of the cisco IOS gives more configuration granularities, but you have to really probe around to find the commands, as the documentation is hard to find.

E.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content