cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

h323 gateway problem with T1 PRI

j.aldridge
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7750 Rev 2.1 with spe310's and a MRP200 with MFT-T1 module. I have the mrp configured and can see the PRI channels setting idle. I have also configured all the dial-peers. My problem is that when I configure the gateway in call manager it maintains a status of unknow and I can not route calls out it. I also do not get any of the T1 PRI options such as PRI Protocol type, number of digits to strip, etc.

3 Replies 3

droessler
Level 1
Level 1

Is the gateway configured for H323? If so, the gateway will stay "status unknown". I believe they are working on MGCP support for PRI - ask TAC about it. With MGCP on the PRI Gateway, you will see "See Endpoints" under status, instead of "unknown" Digit strip should be done at the RouteList>RouteGroup level under Discard Digits (or at the Route Pattern Level if you dont need failover within your RL).

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's correct -- an H.323 gateway does not "register" to CallManager like a Skinny or MGCP gateway does, so you will never see a registration status.

Similarly, you can't tell an H.323 gateway what PRI protocol type to use, dial plan information, etc. You need to program the gateway configuration with this info.

Thanks everyone, did some additional testing and found that the gateway to CM link was O.K. Problem was with the Telco side of the PRI.