Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super Bronze

H323/MGCP (Again!)

Just to bring up an old discussion again... Is anyone using H323 with CallManager on a large scale?

I have a potential 30 site deployment which may have quite a few fractional E1 circuits (common in the UK) which aren't supported with MGCP on CallManager (!).

I'm aware I can run up to 5 using the b-channel maintenance parameter, however more than this would require switching to H323.

The routers with E1s will also be SRST routers - does anyone have experience of configuring H323 and SRST on the same box? Is there any particular trick to it?

Also are there any things people have noticed that don't work so good on H323? Or anything that works better?

Thanks

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: H323/MGCP (Again!)

aaron,

i have more than one installation with h323 gateways (up to 70 locations in a cluster) and it works great for me. ok, i havent fractional e1, but i think there should be no difference to a normal e1. h323 has only the disadvantage in countrys such germany (variable lengh numbering plan)that overlap sending is not supported. some customers are very mad, when i say that they should dial # to avoid the interdigit ti meout.

the srst config is the same as in mgcp (ok there is no ccm-manager fallback command:)), and it works really great for me.

greetings

mehmet

Super Bronze

Hi Mehmet

Thanks - while we're on the subject, how do you configure/use overlap sending?

I've seen strange examples of numbers from Germany (I think) where someone's office number may be:

and an extension within that site might be

and so on..

In the UK we have a variable length dial-plan, but most numbers fit into 10/11 digits - so some numbers have delays in dialling... could overlap sending improve dialling for us?

What I've done so far is set up patterns to match 11 digits, and 10 digit numbers (which are getting more unusual) wait for timeout..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Bronze

aaron,

overlap sending is the best method for variable lenght dial-plan. we have in germany only variable length dial-plan for privat or office numbers. only mobile numbers have a fix length (11 digit).

as you described the office number can be 23456 and we have from provider a did range. this can be for example 0-3 (BRI in germany: anlagenanschluss) or 000 599 (PRI). the provider checks after the office number 234567 only the first digit for example 0-3 (0123) after this you can configure for the extensions all number in the range 0-3999..... etc.

for outgoing calls with overlap sending we are using the following setup:

route pattern: 0.[1-9] (City or emergency calls) allow overlap sending flag is checked

route pattern: 0.0[1-9] (National calls, Mobile calls are National) allow overlap sending flag is checked

route pattern: 0.00[1-9] (International calls) allow overlap sending flag is checked

in all combinations we have under route group "discard digit predot"

Your setup is similar to ours.

greetings

mehmet

Bronze

What I've done so far is set up patterns to match 11 digits, and 10 digit numbers (which are getting more unusual) wait for timeout.. 

The list is quite short these days, and easy to cater for:

http://www.aa-asterisk.org.uk/index.php/Number_format

Views
Helpful
Replies
作成コンテンツを作成するには してください