Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

h323 & PIX Translation Timeouts

I have a pix 506 at my headquarters and a h323 compliant ip phone at my remote site. I currently have no problem receiving and making ip based calls from the remote site's phone. However the problem that I'm running into is the translation slot timeouts. Once the call is terminated my tcp connection translation port 1720 is cleared. However since h323 uses dynamic ports my udp translation sessions hang out there and I can not make or receive any calls until the translation slots clear. I have a static nat for my VoIP gateway device and I have the follwing timeouts in the pix config:

timeout xlate 3:00:00

timeout conn 1:00:00 half-closed 0:10:00 udp 0:02:00 rpc 0:10:00 h3230:05:00 sip 0:30:00 sip_media 0:02:00

timeout uauth 0:05:00 absolute

If I manually "clear xlate" I can receive and make calls immediately. If I allow the timeouts to process it takes on average 5 minutes to clear the translations. I know h323 minimum timeout value is five minutes but my udp timeouts are set for 2 minutes and they do not clear the translation slot. Is there anything I can do to clear these translations faster ?

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: h323 & PIX Translation Timeouts

Since you are setting a timeout seperatly for H323 I think it will follow this, since the pix is intelligent enough to seperate a H323 connection from other UDP connection.

Views
Helpful
Replies