cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hairpinning a PRI

jcarr
Level 1
Level 1

is it possible to "hairpin" two PRI's on a 6608? The idea is to have a PRI to the LEC with a number of DIDs, including one as a lead number to a dial-in RAS server. Then take another 6608 port and connect it to the RAS server (a 3660 with some MICA modems and a PRI card) as a Network-side. Route incoming calls to the RAS lead number to one of the outgoing PRI channels to the RAS server. The alternative would be a separate PRI to the LEC for the RAS server, but that's expensive and I have spare 6608 ports.

Another consideration is what this would do to the modem speed. Would I still get a v.90 connection?

seems like it should work, but I'm not sure.

1 Reply 1

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

You can certainly configure the 6608 blade to do the hair pin in Call manager, as you say set one port (say port 8) as network to the 3660 and create a translation route to point a matching DDI digit string on the incoming from the telco(say port 1) back out the port (8). That way you only need to give up a single DDI number for all 30 channels.

In answer to your speed issue, sorry can't answer that one, I know from experience Cisco claim good figures, but not sure how they stack up in practice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: