cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

handler transfer

m.hedberg
Level 1
Level 1

I setup a call handler yesterday to act as an auto attendant and with the help of this forum it is working well. The only issue is when i forward to this extension 4444 at the end of the day from the main number, i get "hello Unity messaging,from a touch"....etc. But if i transfer to 97774444 i get the call handler recording as i should. All phones can call the handler at 4444 and get the correct recording including the phone i am forwarding from. And it can be reached from the outside at 777-4444 any ideas??

also, is there a way to automate the 7960 to forward to this 4444 number everyday at the same time?

7 Replies 7

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What's the forwarding/calling number coming from the switch when you forward to 4444? Pop open the call viewer applications (in the Tools depot or the Unity program group) and see what comes in when you forward to 4444 vs. transfering to 97774444 etc...

5551212 is our main number

4444 is the handler

6727084 is the external number i called from

here is the output from call viewer

"Call #","Origin","Reason","Trunk ID","Port ID","Dialed Number","Calling Number","Forwarding Station"

"1","Internal","Fwd(Unconditional)","0","1","4444","9195551212","4444"

"2","Internal","Fwd(Unconditional)","0","1","1212","2136727084","1212"

call 1 is with it forwarded to 97774444

cal 2 is with it forwarded to 4444

It's the "forwarding station" we're looking up in our local SQL database there so the first call would work as expected, but the "1212" is going to find no matches and thus you'll end up as the default opening greeting. Not sure why you're getting 1212 as the forwarding station in that case but it's up stream from Unity anyway - someone more versed in the ins and outs of CM configuration issues might be able to help here...

one option as a work around, however, would be to put "1212" as an alternate extension for this handler... I'm unsure what other consequences that might have, though (i.e. what other calls come in from that forwarding extension).

Smells like a translation pattern or CTI Route Point. Those things don't spontaneously happen on their own....

adam

while I agree that this is neither spontaneous nor arbitrary, It is not the result of a CTI Route point or a translation pattern. I have 1 cti route point on the call manager which is not the cause and there are no translation patterns.

Well, then you need to do a search of your Call Manager to find this 1212 device. It might be a phone or a hunt group or something. There is some object within call manager (or even a PA interceptor port) that is configured to grab 4444. The forwarding extension, 1212, is a clue to finding the object. The best, and quickest, way to catch the culprit is to set up CCM traces and repro the problem. Then look in the traces for that call and see what exactly we're hitting. Everything will be right there.

adam

"Well, then you need to do a search of your Call Manager to find this 1212 device"

actually, as a prior post indicates, 1212 is a well known device. It is the main number of the company!

let me look at the trace

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: