Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Handling Unaddressed Messages

I have a Voice mail only Unity 3.1(3) system. This customer wants to put restrictions on the size of the voicemail boxes. I read that notifiying a user that is leaving a message that the mail box is full, is on the road map, but in the meantime, the messages get sent to the unaddressed distribution list. I have set up a subscriber as a receipent on this list. <br><br>What I would like to be able to do, is send these messages back to the appropriate mailbox, once the user has created space. So I login to the mailbox that is on the distribution list, and it tells me that the messages are there, but 1 does not identify who they are for, and 2 I am told that they "are no longer available".<br><br>How could I go about sending these messages to the appropriate users.<br><br> thanks <br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Handling Unaddressed Messages

The only way to do it is via a desktop client, I'm afraid... Yeah, I know. The problem is the NDR gets bounced back to the Unity Messaging System and then it gets forwarded from there to the Unaddressed Messages DL... which strips off it's NDR flags so it appears to be just a message with a class of IPM.Note.Voice.Unity that has an attachment. The Attachment, however, is not a voice mail WAV file, it's an email that has a voice mail WAV file INSIDE it... this is why you get the "no longer available" thing.

You have to open the attached message in Outlook and resend it at this point. It's been an open issue for a while, I'm not sure if the core group (folks responsible for that guy) are looking at it or not, I'll swing by and ask.

Yes, 4.0 will support running out and checking the inbox state before ofering to take messages from outside callers for folks. It'll be configurable since it may introduce a delay in there (asking Exchange if a mailbox is full or not takes a little time).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies