Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Handset & Speaker at same time

Customer is looking to in some way duplicate something they had before IP phones which of course did not come up until after the system is cutover. They use to be able to have their phone's speaker active at the same time they could use their handset to talk. This allowed them to have others in the room hear the conversation, but the person on the other end was not necessarily aware of it. With the 7940/60's the mic on the handset or headset is disabled once speaker is selected. Thought of 2nd phone with shared line and BARGE, but BARGE generates an announcement tone whenever the remote connects or disconnects and the customer does not want that. I have not found a setting to disable the tone. The only other thing I've come up with at this point is to use the MeetMe Conference, but that's a lot of steps and I don't think the company president will like it very much. Any suggestion would be appreciated. CallManager version is 3.3.3. Thanks!

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Handset & Speaker at same time

This feature is not supported in Cisco 7960 and 7940. you can use the headset and the handset and should be able to hear audio from both but NOT speakerphone.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content