cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HardFailure on Port

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi <br><br>can you help me out please?<br><br>I am recieving approx 25 warnings an hour in event viewer for the following MWI event:Event ID: 521<br>Source: AcMiu_MC<br><br>Description<br>Component Miu: Thread 0x0000021f had a Failure on Port x in Method CAvTSPAbstraction::Selsius_SetMWI()<br><br>DESCRIPTION: HardFailure from lineDevSpecific.<br>DETAILS: <br>DestAddress: xxxx<br>Messages: 0<br>State: OFF<br>ErrorCode: 0x80000048. <br><br><br>Event ID: 521<br>Source: AcMiu_MC<br><br>MWI is still working at the site and everything else is doing its job.<br><br>These errors started appearing two weeks ago. No changes were made to the voice mail or call manager around that time<br><br>thanks <br><br><br><br>

9 Replies 9

Anil Verma
Level 5
Level 5

Are you sharing ports for Incoming calls as well as for MWI?
You can check this on the SA ports pages.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Not applicable

Yes, we do share MWI with incoming calls, Are you suggesting call collission? This is a Call Manager integration. It has been installed for about 6 months with no trouble. But about the time these errors started to occur (2 weeks ago), we converted it to G729.

If you can, it would be good to separate the incoming calls from the MWI ports. We have seen some problems and have worked towards resolving them, but cannot guarantee.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Not applicable

we have the same error message here, but our mwi lights have never lit...we can dial the on/off #s from the ip phones and they will lite...we have triple checked everything from unity (2.4.6 build 126) and cm (3.0.10) and can find nothing not matching up...unity is a 40 port with 1-24 belonging to legacy switch (executone - or more appropriately yyyeeecchhhxecutone) and 25 - 40 to cisco ip switch...been watching port status for 2 days now, and have never seen more than 10 ports in use at any one time...cant be having conflicts here...

one last piece of info - trace on cm sees the mwi on call to the phone but the status for the lampmode is telling it 'off' for the on #?????

frustration factor high...

any takers????

Have you assigned all the folks to the right switch?
Double check the MWI on and off codes that you setup on the TSP. Maybe you got them changed and thus everytime it is supposed to turn it on, it is being sent out on the wrong ID and actually is turning it off.
Have you checked out the CCO page tech tip about Message Notification issues -
http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/mess_not_ts.html

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Not applicable

yes...have double-triple checked all configs...everyone is in agreement that 8050 is on and 8051 is off...tac suggested upgrading tsp from 32 to 36 and unity build from 126 to 135...btw - anything i should be aware of this build upgrade on a production box...i have no way to backup this production system (not my design here folks!)...are there any worries about going thru with the upgrade on a prod svr???

thanks!!!!!

needing sympathy...
bigjim

Our sympathies are with you.
If it makes you feel better, there are a whole bunch of folks that have upgraded their Unity version without any problems.
Not having a backup can be a problem. Maybe you should think about exporting your database, using the AnswerMonkey tools, before you embark on the upgrade journey.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Not applicable

i have been sitting here for over an hour after clicking on setup for build 135 and it is still showing "Setup is stopping the services"...how long should i be staring at this before ALL OF MY HAIR FALLS OUT!!!!

thank you kindly for all of your shared wisdom!!!

this forum is AWESOME!!!!

It should take maybe 5 minutes for the services to shut down. If you are stuck, then it means there are issues.
Maybe we should check what is the user that the Unity services are running under. Is this the same subscriber that you are logging in as? Can you manually shut down the services from the control panel?

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com