cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hardware conferencing configuration

Douglas Yoder
Level 1
Level 1

Just migrated from a PRI to a SIP trunk to free up DSP resources in order to migrate to hardware based conferencing. Unable to get a DSP freed up to enable 8 sessions. What am I missing?

9 Replies 9

Felipe Garrido
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You'll need to remove the pri-group configuration from under the controller. The DSP resources are provisioned when the controller is provisioned. They won't be released until the  pri-group timeslots 1-9,24 is removed.

-Felipe

Removed the pri-group timeslots 1-9,24 still no dsp's available when I try to add max sessions to my conference dspfarm config. Any other ideas?

Douglas,

How many DSPs are installed on the router? The conference takes up at least 1 whole DSP. It may be that those analog ports are taking up part of the available DSP. Can you collect the following command output.

show diag

show voice dsp group all

show voice dsp detail | exclude edsp

-Felipe

The UC520 only has 2 DSP's and can not be upgraded. See attached dspshowcmd.txt file for the show command output you requested.

That's the problem. The FXO/FXS ports are provisioned to use DSP1 and the transcoder is provisioned to use DSP 2.

You'll need to shut down the transcoder profile and then configure the conference profile. Chances are you may not have sufficient resources to bring the transcoding profile up with the number of resources available. You may have to chose one or the other.

-Felipe

Thanks, finally feel like I'm getting somewhere now. We are not even using the FXO/FXS ports, can we free up DSP 1 and provision it for the conference profile?

No, the FXS/FXO ports are built into the UC520. There is no way to stop the dsp allocation to those ports but the transcoder resource can share them as long as there is no over subcription.

-Felipe

So just to confirm then, my only option is to disable the transcoder resource (what will that break?) in order to free up a DSP for the conference resource. One more question, can I change a setting in the transcoder resource so it doesn't oversubscribe the DSP's, so I can leave it enabled (in the event is does break something)?

No, you should still be able to run the transcoder. It just needs to be shut down so it frees up the DSP so that the conference resource can access it. You can then try and re-enable the transcoder and see if there are sufficient resources available. You may just need to reduce the number of session on the transcoder.

-Felipe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: