Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware OH Paging & CCM - abilities?

We're running the InformaCast software for over-the-phone paging. However, I'm tasked with integrating this system into the existing overhead paging system (hardware). We have a Gordon Kapes MZ4 which also allows you to control relays (door entry) via phone.

Does anybody know if an ATA186 can be used to integrate these systems? Or is FXS port required? I haven't seen any good documentation on this sort from Cisco...any assistance is much appreciated! Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Hardware OH Paging & CCM - abilities?

You will have to read the manual for you Gordon Kapes MZ4 and find out the type of connection needed. If it is station your are probably cool with an fxs (However you may need to purchase a PagePal from Valcom or a TAMB from Bogen). If it needs an Aux connection similar to a PBX you will definately need the TAMB or PagePal or you could play with an E&M card.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_configuration_example09186a008015094e.shtml

Some paging systems use a trunk port (FXO) ground start or loop start....soooo in short. The easiest way is the PagePal from Valcom. It has worked well for me in the past. Also, Informacast is not yet certified to integrate to an overhead paging system. 2.x or later is slated to have this functionality.

Andy - Berbee

Our paging system also had a provision for music input, so we used another method.

A 7940 was setup to auto-answer with the headset, and the outer pair of wires on the headset port were connected to the music input on the paging amplifier.

Quick, easy and cheap.

This is the most creative answer I have ever read in this forum. Great Job!

Bill.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content