Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone tried 7920 IP Phone integration?

I'm thinking of an integration similar to using a spectralink gateway to a key system/pbx. For instance, take a Merlin Legend. Put a T1 between the Merlin and a 2650XM and run call manager express (ITS) for the 7920's to associate to. I don't know how I could do MWI though....

Has anyone tried something similar to this in a lab?

ryan

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Has anyone tried 7920 IP Phone integration?

The cisco 7920 wireless phones have limited functionalities compared to IP phone 7940//60. I am not sure, of how MWI can be configured. Here is the administrative guide, where you can get the information.

Configuring the Cisco Wireless IP Phone 7920

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008017fafe.html

The 7920 respond to the same MWI messages as do the 7940/7960, at least in a CCM enviornment. The 7920 just don't have the big red light that turns on. 7920's do keep a MWI state on the phone itself.

For the MWI you will need some analog ports to interface with your voice mail. I have not used CCM Express before but with regular CCM you need a VG248 for the ports and a serial cable from the CCM to the VM for MWI status messages.

I do not think you will be able to intergrate the MWI from teh router to the vm server. But it is an interesting question.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content