Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Having a small problem with dropped callers

We have a dual integration (Definity G3/CCM) Unity version 3.1.1. The CCM side has been fine for months, but if someone calls into the G3 side, periodically it will cut the caller off and ask them if they are finished. I have listened to some of these messages and the voice always seems low, or the background (comfort noise) is very high. I imagine this may be fooling Unity into thinking that no one is talking. We have added the quiet50.prm paramter to the Dialogic parameter file, but so far it hasn't made a difference. Otherwise, everything else is great.

The one person that this is affecting the most is our president when he calls in to leave a message for his assistant. This is not good.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Having a small problem with dropped callers

Any way you can increase the voice quality or boost the gain on the trunk that your president is dialing in on?

Another thing you might try is increasing the Unity's silence detect timers. On the SA - Configuration - Recodings page, you can bump up the values for Short Recofding and Long Recording. These determine the number of seconds of silence that Unity uses to detect the end of a recording.

-Eric

I don't think so. This problem almost never happens except when the president calls in from his house. I can't exactly tell him to go and get a new phone for his house. Especially since the old Audix Intuity VM system never had this problem.

I made the changes you suggested, thank you.

I am open to more suggestions if anyone has them.

Did the changes to the recording values help?

I am working on the same problem.

Try to see if I can boost the gain on the DS1 trunk coming into my G3, I haven't found any controls yet.

Views
Helpful
Replies