Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Headset for IPCommunicator

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good usb headset to use with IPCommunicator.

colin

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
4 REPLIES

Re: Headset for IPCommunicator

We use the Clarisys i750H USB handset with Communicator, but I have not used their headsets. They do make some headsets that will connect to the i750. Take a look at the link below.

http://www.clarisys.com/order.asp

Brandon

We just finished a rollout of almost 200 communicators as primary phones.

We have sampled hundreds of headsets and determined the following:

1. USB can be nice to use, but hard to support. Many of the higher end USB's (like Plantronics cs-50) won't get enough power through the USB. If you are willing to try this route, the DSP 400 rocks.

2. Analog is easier to support, but all sounds (ringers, etc.) come through the headset. We deployed primarily Audio.50 and Audio.70 from Plantronics.

Hope it helps!

We are using the Plantronics DSP-400, We have run into a couple of PCs where that headset (or the Persono software) won't run, and haven't been able to determine why. Otherwise it works well. Using the DSP version on my Dell Latitude allows me to play the ringer through the laptop's speakers, but use the headset for actual communications. I can also use a Jabra BT-200 universal headset plugged into the laptop's headphone and mic jacks. Of course YMMV.

Thanks all, for the replies. I am going to go for the plantronics dsp400.

colin

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.