Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Headset on a 7912 ?

Has anyone managed to use a headset on a 7912 ? I believe that they are not supported (there is certainly no headset socket), but has anyone managed to replace the handset with a headset and managed the on-hook off-hook status by pressing the "dial" or "end call" softkeys, or tapping the cradle switch ?

I have a large number of deployed 7912's and need headset support. I reckon if you could get the pinouts correct (in an adaptor) to enable the speaker/microphone of a HEADSET to work from the HANDSET port, you could probably get this to work (as a compromise).

Has anyone tried this ?

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Headset on a 7912 ?

Hi Alastair,

There should be many models of headsets that will work fine with a 7912.Most (but not all) will require an Amplifier/Adapter with a Handset/Headset switch. I have attached a link for Plantronics as these are what we use. There are corded,cordless and Bluetooth models.

http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/productfinder/productlist.jhtml?refresh=all&mftr=CISCO%20SYSTEMS&_requestid=85076

These search I did was for Cisco 7912's specifically.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Let me know if you would like me to try one in our Lab on a 7912.

Please rate all helpful posts...

Views
Helpful
Replies