Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

HELP Centralized Unity and ITS (call manager express)

Hi, I am looking at the possibility of setting up 40 remote sites running call manager express. It is my understanding you can use a centralized unity server to provide voice mail to call manager express users; the plan is to run this voicemail over a LAN to LAN vpn connection. I know that voicemail quality maybe an issue. My question is has anybody done this? Is it possible? Will Unity be able to handle 40 integrations? Do I have to install a different TSP on unity for each site? Does ITS required vmail port registration?

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions

3 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: HELP Centralized Unity and ITS (call manager express)

I have done this with 5 locations, I tried doing it in a lab using Unity 4.0 but it will not work with it. You have to use Unity 3.1.X(5 is prefered) becuase 4.0 does not allow you to install the TSP or have access to it. You have to use the integration device in 4.0. 3.1.5 allowed me to do it and all I had to do was under the TSP was add multiple IP address for the different sites. It actually worked pretty well. I was just disapointed because I wanted the 4.0 features.

Community Member

any way I could get a copy of your ITS config on the router? Also, did you have to install the IOS TSP on the unity server and run it in conjunction with the AV-CCM tsp? If you could e-mail, please e-mail to jwatkins@mstates.com

Community Member

Are the unity ports dedicated for each ITS or can they be shared between ITS systems. In your case do you have to have a unity server with 40 ports or can you assign multiple ITS to a 16 port system?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content