Views
Helpful
Replies

HELP! **ERROR**: Ux_BadMsg: Invalid Message for call state 7

level3tech
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All!

This is from an ISDN PRI. The inbound calls ring the phone once then are dropped. Along with Invalid information element contents. I have a 2821 running 12.3.14T CME3.3. The isdn switch is a dms-10 which my only option is a dms100 in the config.

HELP PLEASE!

THANKS!

7 Replies 7

kthorngr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have the debug isdn q931 output?

Is this an H.323 GW?

The debug output would be useful but I do have a guess. Many times we see the Caller Name is sent in a Facility IE after getting to the Alerting state. Last I checked IOS does not support the Caller Name in the Facility IE with H.323. The Caller name can be sent in the Display IE with H.323.

If this doesn't help please provide debug isdn q931 and the type of GW.

Kevin

Thanks for your reply!

There isn't any h.323 involved. This is just a CME system feeding 35 phones on a lan. All the phones are local, so I think this would be considered just a local pstn gateway.

I have attached the sh run and debug isdn q931 per your request. I should add that i do NOT have a debug q931 for INBOUND calls right now. I will have that tomorrow. But the **ERROR**: Ux_BadMsg: Invalid Message for call state 7 is in the INBOUND capture. The attached debug is for an outgoing pstn call from an IP phone.

I know its something wrong with the isdn setup. If you call inbound from the pstn the ip phone will ring once, then disconnect. The calling party hears a very short blip of static, then a fast busy or telco service message. If you dial *67 from a pstn phone to disable caller id, the ip phone will ring normally, then forward to voicemail as it should, but the voice quality is INCREDIBLY bad. You can just sorta tell something is speaking on the other end. Really weird.

Thanks you!

Hi,

debug voice ccapi inout will tell you a little more information about your disconnect.

On all your dial-peer voice 1 pots use direct-inward-dial command.

PL

well I opened a TAC case on this. First thing he did was change the isdn switch-type from primary-dms100 (telco runs a dms-10) to primary-ni2. This took care of the wierd errors.

Secondly we did a pcm capture and i sent it to him so he could analyze the "noise" i was getting.

He said he decoded the pcm stream 4 times becuase what he heard made him think he did it wrong. Then he got another TAC to do it for him, but he was correct all along. When he called me back he said they had never heard anything like it...EVER.

He said it sounded like some sort of wide band, high power signal was being injected into the signal path. He asked if this garbage was what i was hearing, and unfortunately it was.

So now i have to light a match under the telco to find out what the heck is wrong with this pri. Of course they will say...nothing.

Thanks for you help!!!

I thought just for fun i would attach the pcm stream i captured (converted to wav). The noise you hear is actually me talking. According to the TAC engineer, this is the raw audio as it is delivered to the router from the telco, before the dsp's engage and muck around with it.

see what you think.

Thanks!

Wow, that's really bad.

I've heard something very, very much like this once, and it was an ISR as well - a brand new 2851 IIRC.

Turned out to be a faulty PVDM2.

dateco001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

If you dont need this name information you could proberly just remove it on the gw. as a workaround.

Try the comand "clid strip name" on the dialpeer.

Good luck.