Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

help: I Need some Cisco Call Manager software

Guys and Girls,

The must be a way of having some sort of CCM s/w that is a thin client that I could run on a win2k workstation of NT4 workstation.

I have two 7940 phones and I want to play - ready for my Lab exam.

Do I have any options wotsoever, even just so that I can configure the IP phones and make a call setup to some sort of gateway server so I can see the packets being generated from the IP phone so I can see the c3550 config is working and capture a few packets.

You never know, Barclays may like it soo much, we may invest in it, now there a thought :)

Kind regards,

Ken

3 REPLIES

Re: help: I Need some Cisco Call Manager software

ps. i dont really have the hardware for CCM express either :(

Gold

If you pick up a copy of "Developing Cisco IP Phone Applications", ISBN 1587050609 from http://www.ciscopress.com, the sample applications CD that comes with it has on it a very simple, lightweight program that allows two phones to register and call each other. It is primarily intended to get the phones to "come up" enough so that you can develop XML applications in isolation from your production environment. It may be what you're looking for.

If you are planning to attempt the Voice CCIE lab, you should be aware that experience with this will do absolutely, positively nothing to prepare you for the CallManager portions. It might, however, help you to prepare for any switch-based QoS and voice VLAN content.

Hi Jas,

I am preparing for the R&S lab, so this sounds perfect as all I want to do is bring the phone up and test the CoS stuff in the 802.1q frame :))

Many thx indeed,

Ken

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content