Views
Helpful
Replies

Help in providing VoIP services to subscribers

cyber_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am from India and Goverment has allowed to use Internet to make telephone calls. Can you advice me that as a Serive provider, using Cisco Equipments how this can be achived. Currently I am using AS 5300, Do I need to upgrade this. What else is required ?

Documents will also be appreciated

5 Replies 5

blairs
Level 1
Level 1

What exactly are you looking to provide? In my opinion as a service

provider I'd look at SIP based products. Perhaps the Cisco or

Vovida proxy server. Depending upon your requirements you

may also want to look at Broadsoft or DynamicSoft SIP servers

to use with your Cisco gateways. Just a thought.

-Steve

Hi Steve,

We have to provide long distance telephone calls using Internet as it would be cheaper. Can you suggest me the scenarios/technology/equipements which provides these services efficientlyand cost effective. SIP could be a good option, but is it better than H.323 ?

Thanks

I cannot say if SIP is better than H.323. That is an issue you need to work out for

yourself. We are part of a VoIP environment that spans 65 sites world wide. We

are using SIP and it works just fine.

ziaf
Level 1
Level 1

hi cyber_cisco,

even i am from india and i was also very much happy to hear that VoIP is legalized now. now coming to the point, first of all u will need a access server, which u already have. then u need either E1's or multiple analog lines to dial the local calls. most important u need to find a good carrier of VoIP to pass the traffic on ur circuit. there r other things also like billing software and the other micsellaneous things u will need. keep in touch in the forum.

--ZIAF

npthai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am operating the VoIP network in Vietnam and using the Cisco enquitments, so I think I can help you designing a VoIP network based on internet.

- As the above email of ZIAF, I have to contacted with a good carrier of VoIP to pass your traffic to the world, I have a partner at USA and they have a exsting VoIP network in India, maybe you want to connect to them to terminate the calls.

- The second You want to order some E1s or analog lines from your PSTN provider, so You could terminate the call from the subcrible of your PSTN.

- The 3nd, you want to order a local-loop to connect your IP network to your partner if your partner also in India, or you need a high-speed Internet line or IPLC if your partner in another country. If you choose the Internet, You want to consider to the quality of the voice.

- The 4th, You must order some Cisco enquitment as: Router and Voice Gateway.

- The 5th, You want a billing system for collecting the CDR of the call.

Pls contact me at: tung_tran@saigonpostel.com.vn, I could help you more than in designing, configurating, operating, and so on

Tung.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: