cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help link in the unity server

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

I posted a quesion here titled as "help function doesn't work on one pC" which was responsed by Christopher Mcalpin on July 2. I am intersted in his answer. But I haven't got the final answer yet, could somebody take a look at my question again. I appreciate that.

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think we decided this was probably a bug... this is a 2.4.6 system (even though you're posting in the 3.x forum) so it's entirely possible this has been fixed. A quick test on my 3.1(4) system shows the SA does properly "fall back" onto the default GUI language when the language identified in the IE client is not installed on the Unity server. I tried forcing it to Canadian English only (removed the US English option from the IE list) and all worked fine, including the help file link. To be sure I'd have to get your version of 2.4.6 installed and try it out.

The priority of such a bug in 2.4.6, however, is pretty low... I can't say the SA folks would have cycles to fix it.

Thanks Jeff. What really interesting is initially I was not aware that it is controlled by IE language setting. What I did was went in control panel>regional options>General tab>select English( Canada) under Your locale. The problem solved. Then I looked at GUI language in Unity and found there only shows one license. I thought the problem maybe because of lacking of canadian English installed in Unity. Now I can tell customer this is maybe a bug. Theratically this should be nothing to do with locale.I just coincidently fixed their problem. They don't have to buy Canadian language.But actually there isn't a so-called Canadian language in unity , is it?

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No... for Unity 3.1 here are the languages offered:

Australian English

Colombian Spanish

Dutch

Eurpean Spanish

German

Italian

Japanese

Mainland Mandarin Chines

New Zealand English

Norwegian

Swedish

UK English

US English

Most of these are for the conversation (phone interface) only. French, Japanese, German and all English (UK, US and New Zealand English lumped together) are included for the GUI.

Thanks a lot. Jeff, By the way if you get a chance to test the bug in 2.46, please let me know.