Views
Helpful
Replies

help needed in resolving a technicalissue

sksks50
Level 1
Level 1

Sir,

I have got a network in which i have three links betweeen router A and B i.e Frame Relay,Vsat and ISDN dialup on PRI over the same FR cloud.

I want to configur in such a way that the traffic flows over Frame Relay9Leased Line) in normal condition and if the L/L fails than ISDN should dial and connect and in case if ISDN is also down than the traffic shold go over Vsat.I have used Dyanamic Routing (EIGRP).

The above scenario is not taking place.

4 Replies 4

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

The focus of this board is Voice and Video however, there are a number of professionals online who may be able to assist you. We are always considering additional forums for such topics and I will make a note of your post.

If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

Sir,

I am not at all satisfied with the reply i have got.The replie shows that no one has even understand my problem or must have tried.The answer given to me is putting other angle in it of Voice and Video,which is not at all realated to it.

I am really surprised with the answer given.My friend advise to me that CISCO give ggod help but i don't think.

Anyway thanks for the reply.

Rgds

Sharad Kumar

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

hi sksks50,

i saw u r posting on may 28th 2001. i havent tried out this scenario. but what i wud like to suggest is this...

say u have a single network X on the other end that is Router B

then create static routes with different administrative distances.

say thru framerelay interface u ll have an administrative distance of 50, thru isdn interface the network X will have admin distance 60 and thru vsat.. the admin distance is 70

so give 3 commands..

ip route X mask frint 50

ip route X mask isdnint 60

ip route X mask vsatint 70

so by default all traffic will go thru frame relay interface with the other 2 not being used for any traffic going to network X. when framerelay fails.. the other route will kick in.. and any packet that is considered as interesting traffic will dial the isdn line.. and traffic will start flowing in the isdn line... say now the isdn line fails.. the third route will kick in and all traffic will go thru vsat link.. as simple as that..

this solution works for any number of networks on either sides.. but when the number of networks are more on either sides... say u have 20 networks in End router B... then u ll have to configure that many static routes....

this is the only problem... hope u got my point

with regards..

shanky

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

paulk
Level 4
Level 4

I have used "floating static" routes to accomplish this type of control. Each different path would be given a priority. The primary just uses the standard EIGRP metric. The others paths are given a admin distance value based on the order in which you want the failure to recover,..ie 2nd 3rd etc.

EIGRP admin distance 90

2nd path 100

3rd path 120

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: