cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help please

carlostrapiello
Level 1
Level 1

I have one thing to solve in my work and I don't know who I must to do.

Users wants to know when they transfer a call if the other person is talking.

I use Call Manager 4.1 and Cisco ip phones 7912, 7940 y 7960.

Any idea?.

Thanks, Carlos.

6 Replies 6

wojtek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

In CCM you can use shared lines, for example assistant 1 with extension 1001 has two Managers (extensions 1002, 1003). On Assistant phone you define two additional lines 1002, 1003 (it will be shared lines). The best is to define these lines on CP-7914 (lamps in the buttons indicate status of the line). When manager is using his line, assistant will see on his/her phone display that the line is used (special icons).

It is not very comfortable solution. Better is to use third party product like:

http://www.andtek.com/product-group.html

Regards

Wojtek

This is a good solution for one phone but we are talking about a network of 150 users and this isn't a solution for my case. Any distinct answer?.

Thanks, Carlos.

Hi,

I understand. But how many lines do your users need to control? For "special users" you can install attendant console on their PCs, at it shows them status of the lines of other users.

You can also turn off "waiting calls" on your phones (only one incomming connection available), and when someone will try to transfer a call to the user, and this user has a active call, transfering party will get a busy tone. Users still will be able to make few outgoing calls.

Regards

Wojtek

ESB_DJ
Level 1
Level 1

if you want to know if the other person i s tolking use CCM Attendant Console application. Setup application on user PC and you can see phone status and use application to transfer calls.

PS: Please remember to rate helpful posts.

This is not a helpful answer so I will rate it very bad. If you read all thread I have a network of 150 users and I want that this feature will be able to anyone.

It is a madness install an aplication in 150 workstations.

Thanks, Carlos.

Hi,

There is no way that you can do what you want with just callmanager.There are 3rd party products that will enable you to do this but this would involve installing a software client on every PC and also spending money!

Regards

Mark