Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Help with Analog Voice ports!

Help!! I have an 8-Port RJ21 FXS Module which provides 8 analog ports for my users. When a user picks a phone up on one of these analog ports, they then dial directly out the PRI line. I am using call manager with all our other phones and I can limit what people can call with call manager. For example I do not want any of these analog lines to be able to dial 1900 numbers.

Does any one know how I can do this. Would a translation table work? It would be ok to translate any 1900 number into a local phone extension. But I would also like to limit one of these phones from dialing anything outside the buiding.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: Help with Analog Voice ports!

You could add a dial-peer statement with the destination-pattern matching 1900XXXXXXX and then if you like you can have the session target point to Callmanager where the current 900 rules would apply.

Or if you would like to leverage MGCP, then the Callmanager filters would apply as well.

Just some ideas.

Cheers.

Jeff,

It sounds like you are using dial-peer statements and H.323 for the gateway.

I bet you have a dial-peer which says destination-pattern 9.

so when an analogue handset dials 9. hey presto they get out on the PRI.

change the dial-peer to point at the call manager so that whatever the alogs dial it goes to call manager, then configure a dial-peer with some really obscure code that the users would never guess to replace the destination-pattern 9. dial peer.

Then on call manager change your route-list to strip the 9 and dial the new pattern towards the gateway, that way the users never see the new pattern. then all your users can be barred from dialing 1900 whatever in the route patterns.

Alternativley switch to MGCP and it gets a whole lot easier as all dial plans are call manager configured.

Paul

I called cisco and we worked for a while. I added a num-exp to route all 1900 numbers to the extension I wanted. As for limiting one phone to local onnet only . we were stuck on that one. I ended up setting up a plar to my main Unity voice mail number which will allow that caller to dial an extension only.

As for MGCP I would LOVE to run that except cisco does not support it on the 4006 AGM yet. Last I heard was 2nd 1/2 of 2002. So I wait for it. The next system I do I will use the VG200 and the VG248 and use MGCP on everything !

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.